(WorldFrontNews Editorial):- Lynchburg, Jun 12, 2020 (Issuewire.com) – Jackie Woodson Jr., founder of Virginia Prep Sports Academy in Lynchburg, Virginia, said the business hopes to “basically, give kids another opportunity to gain more exposure or increase there Academics. They may have been hurting in academics or just didn’t play in front of several college coaches” Woodson Said.
Virginia Prep Sports Academy is a rigorous prep post-graduate, academic-athletic program for students who wish to continue their desire to earn a four-year scholarship at an accredited four-year college.
The mission of VPSA post-graduate sports program is to provide young women and men with the opportunity to continue their education and to obtain a college degree while participating in collegiate sports.
More on World Front News Stories:
- Upcoming Jersey City Rapper TrillBoy Qua’s New Music Video ‘Strive’ is a Motivational and Inspirational Hip Hop Course
- Amplify your mood and grooves with Brooklyn Rapper OG Kilo and his latest track ‘Legends Never Die’
- AiPharma signs production and distribution deal for China and the Russian Federation with FUJIFILM for its influenza antiviral drug Avigan®
- Pacific Book Review Announces Patient Centricity as the 2021 Award Winner
- Hip Hop Trio G-Fly (J Good, Jullius Ice and Knock’em) is Delivering Some of the Best Lyrical Verses
The program pushes students in practice, test their character, leadership abilities, and gets them committed to their education.
VPSA staff is dedicated to working towards your child’s dreams by teaching them self-discipline, hard work, and commitment to their goals.
VPSA also has a partnership with Connections Academy which allows students in grades 9-12th that want to transfer in to get an accredited High School Diploma. Connections Academy is an online schooling option supported by Pearson, the world’s learning company. These high-quality, tuition-free online public schools are available in many states. Students learn from home, with parent involvement, and connect to curriculum, teachers, classmates, and resources using the internet. Most Connections Academy-supported online schools serve students in grades K-12 and are accredited by one of the six regional accreditation agencies.
If you are a post grad student we require our kids to take classes through WOSC online. Our postgraduate students take anywhere between 6 to 9 credit hours a semester. We do not have a partnership with WOSC but they have been great to our students and we have had kids finish there 1101 classes and transfer right into a division 1 college. We currently have Men Basketball, Football & Girls Basketball. Next year we will be looking to add Men & Women Soccer.
“I want to make it to the next level, and this would be a good opportunity to help student athletes,” Woodson said. Lynchburg, Virginia is a great place to be and we are going to do many great things here!
In VPSA recently sent 12 guys to college on full scholarships.
1. Emmanuel Jones Saint Andrews University2. Teyon Davis Saint Augustine University3. Hozey Haji-Bardi West Virginia University4. Isiah Coles Arkansas Baptist College5. Derek Taylor Cincinnati Christian University6. Anthony Freeman Saint Augustine University7. Kevin Hunter Averett University8. Marquise Cashwell Arkansas Baptist College9. DJ Weldon Bluefield College10. Dominique Blanding Lincoln University 11. Christian Willis University of Texas El Paso12. Frank Howard West Virginia State University
Virginia Prep Sports Academy has also started its college accreditation process through New Life Christian Schools and Colleges International and next season they will merge as Virginia Preparatory Institute three year college program. Once approved VPI will join both the Association of Christian College Athletics conference and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association. New Life Christian Schools and Colleges International (NLCSCI) was started in 1988 primarily to accredit schools that were direct extensions of New Life Ministries’ education program. Since that time it has grown to accredit other schools and colleges as well who are not directly affiliated with the ministries’ education program.
1226 Rivermont Avenue
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.