Russia is not only invading the country but also taking down many Ukrainian websites. The government said that this time the cyberattack was “on a completely different level”.
Previously on Wednesday, the official websites of several Ukraine Government organizations, banks, and other departments became inaccessible with the cyber attack.
One of the leading internet connectivity companies named NetBlocks has tweeted, “The incident appears consistent with recent DDOS attacks.” The attacks are specially designed to knock down the official websites by flooding them with a huge amount of requests until the website completely crashes.
Mykhaylo Fedorov, Ukraine’s Digital Transformation Minister shared on Instagram, “Another mass DDoS attack on our state begun.” Recent data by NetBlock showed that the severity of the incident had intensified within the course of the day.
Another researcher on the incident said in an interview, “Ukraine’s military and banking websites have seen a more rapid recovery after today’s cyber-attack, likely due to preparedness and increased capacity to implement mitigations.”
He further added, “Despite this, the incident is ongoing, with latency and outages continuing at the Security Service of Ukraine, which points to the severity of the incident.”
The European Union has declared the deployment of a cyber rapid-response team (CRRT) in order to stand against this hybrid warfare. It is Russia’s famous ‘hybrid warfare’ tactic where the country attacks with the combination of cyber attacks as well as traditional military activities.