Four Key Global Battery Manufacturing Trends
(WorldFrontNews Editorial):- Wauwatosa, Wisconsin May 2, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – International Thermal Systems (ITS) manufacturer of industrial ovens, furnaces, and washers that are built to last with the latest technology available for a wide range of industries such as lead-acid batteries.
More on World Front News Stories:
- Dawn Whitehair, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, a Board-Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- 40,000 Rubber Ducks Available To Adopt As Community Flocks In Support Of 17th Annual Kid Duck Fest Derby
- Anaiis Salles, Certified Bioenergetics Practitioner
- Prerna Mathur, DDS, a Dentist with Trident Dental
- Thomas J. Wigboldy, DO, an Emergency Physician with Centra Gretna Medical Center
Lead-Acid Batteries are used every day in areas ranging from freight trains to lawn tractors. The batteries are popular because for the most part, they don’t require a ton of maintenance, they are extremely durable, reliable, and recyclable.
Current Market Trends
Even though the lead-acid battery process has stayed very much the same over the course of its existence, customers still want to perfect their curing recipes and processes to minimize waste and improve efficiency–not only efficiencies within the manufacturing process but also efficiency in the batteries themselves.
Curing and drying are integral steps in the lead-acid battery manufacturing process. It’s extremely important for the curing chambers to maintain specific conditions including temperature and humidity. Typically, manufacturers keep the specifics (time, temperature, humidity) of this step guarded closely.
Four Key Global Battery Manufacturing Trends:
1. Improve plate processing by implementing robotic stacking of the plates rather than manual stacking to reduce human exposure to lead.
2. Reduce curing times while maintaining advanced crystal growth.
3. Find innovations of separator materials and ingredients in the lead oxide recipes to prolong battery life and defend against stratification.
4. Improve manufacturing solutions in lead-acid battery manufacturing facilities to improve quality and battery production per square foot of the factory.
How to choose the best OEM partner for your battery production?
Look for an OEM with:
– Long track record of providing lead-acid battery technology with efficient equipment
– Experience in supporting both large and small global companies
– Ability to support customers with state-of-the-art curing chambers
– Capabilities around the development of custom curing ovens and drying chambers
Most importantly… find a company familiar with the challenges in operating a battery production line efficiently and knows how to reduce bottlenecks. For example, proper utilization of the curing chambers’ design and size can be a challenge. If the chamber design is undersized, the production rate will fall short. If the curing chamber is oversized, excessive curing time cycles will occur. The right-sized curing chamber can greatly reduce overall cycle times and energy consumption.
About International Thermal Systems
ITS works with global customers to determine their needs, develop the right solution, install and start up the equipment. From here, it is the continuous interaction from which the customer can lean on the ITS expertise to maximize the efficiency of their cycle.
ITS is a true partner rather than just another vendor. We stand behind the craftsmanship of our ovens long after they leave our facility. Our products are different from others in the market due to their ability to reduce lead dust in the air during the manufacturing process.
ITS current equipment offerings for lead-acid battery manufacturing include:
HydroCure Chambers: A combination Humidity/Drying chambers that are recognized in the battery industry as the leader in reliability, innovative, and intuitive operator-friendly design. ITS has installed 1000’s HydroCure Combination Humidity/Drying Chambers throughout the world.
FlashMaid Dryer: These machines are built specifically for the customer’s manufacturing line. The FlashMaid is unique in the industry as it cleans (hence “Maid) itself following the drying process, a feature competing OEM products lack. This feature allows for less free lead in the air, less downtime for maintenance, enhanced temperature uniformity on the parts, less wasted energy through heat absorption, and less restricted air flow because of trapped dust inside the dryer ductwork.
The ITS battery division also specializes in Trim Dryers (Thermal Degreasers), Fume Hoods, Battery Case Washers, Custom Conveyor Ovens, Solder Pots, and any other custom equipment that your factory requires.
ITS continues to innovate and deliver solutions with ever-increasing efficiency, smaller footprints, and lower energy consumption to help you meet sustainability goals.
Contact a representative today to arrange an on-site consultation to learn how ITS provides a state-of-the-art solution for you.
ITS – International Thermal Systems is a global original equipment manufacturer of industrial ovens, furnaces, and aqueous washers for automotive, aerospace, power generation, battery manufacturing, building products, foundry, and metal packaging industries. ITS is in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, with another manufacturing facility in Shanghai, China. Learn more by visiting us online:
NANETTE S GREGORY
1239 CANTON ST Orlando, FL
Source :International Thermal Systems
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.